For me, it's no big secret. I've been in love with Anne Hathaway for years. She is just such an amazing actress and besides that, she has a killer personality. She is such a funny and down to earth person and has been able to prove it time and time again by being herself on camera. So now on her birthday, I am giving her the official "10 Things You Didn't Know..." treatment. Happy 29th Anne!
1. She has the same name as William Shakespeare’s wife, who is also named Anne Hathaway.
2. Anne was born in New York and grew up in Millburn Township, New Jersey
3. Auditioned for the role of Christine Daae in Phantom of the Opera, but due to her role in The Princess Diaries 2, the schedules overlapped.
4. Was a vegetarian for most of her life.
5. Favorite actors are Joaquin Phoenix and Ralph Fiennes.
6. Anne made her TV debut on a “Better Homes and Gardens” real estate commercial when she was 15.
7. Almost got the role of Johanna in Tim Burton’s “Sweeney Todd” but Tim wanted a lesser known actress for the role.
8. When auditioning for the role of the ‘klutzy’ princess in “The Princess Diaries” she fell off of her chair. She was immediately hired for the role.
9. She was offered the lead role in “Knocked Up.” She turned it down.
10. Her nickname among friends and family is ‘Annie’.
At the peak of Blink-182’s fame, Tom DeLonge had a lot of ideas kicking through his head. At a tour stop in Paris, sitting his hotel room, the singer came up with the concept of a character named Poet Anderson. Now, nearly 15 years later, he’s ready to incorporate that idea into a much larger and ambitious project with Angels & Airwaves than he’s ever attempted before.